Fruit That Starts With M – there are so many different types of fruit that you eat everyday and most of these are easy to name. But what about the more unusual fruits? Fruits that you have heard of but not tried? Or fruits that come from a different part of the world that you haven’t even heard of? We’ve put a great list together for you, along with a description of the fruit and a photo where we can source one. Have a look at our list of different fruits that start with the letter M!
Fruit That Starts With M
- The maprang tree originates from South East Asia, the maprang fruit is also known as the maple mango. The maprang fruit tree can grow up to 90 feet tall! They are commercially grown in Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia. They are high in Vitamin C, Fibre and beta-carotene.
- This tree nut is native to the Australian rainforest and named for the Scottish-born chemist who first cultivated it. The Macadamia was introduced into Hawaii around 1881 and used as an ornamental. The first commercial orchards of macadamias in Hawaii were not planted until 1921. They are high in Vitamin B6 and Manganese.
- The Malay Apple tree can grow up to 20 metres tall. It is native to Southeast Asia to Vanuatu, but its exact origin is uncertain, probably in the lowland rainforests of Peninsular Malaysia. They were carried and introduced deliberately to Remote Oceania as canoe plants. The fruit is high in Vitamin C and Carbohydrates.
- Mandarins belong to the Citrus genus. It’s believed they originated in ancient China, which is how they got their name. It is usually eaten plain or in fruit salads. They are extremely high in Vitamin C, they also contain Pottasium and Magnesium.
- The Mamey Sapote is an incredible fruit that is native to the Caribbean and tropical parts of the Americas. The Mamey Sapote appears almost like an avocado, but with reddish-orange flesh. It usually grows to be about 3-6 inches big. They are high in Carbohdrates, sugars and dietry fibres.
- The Mangaba fruit is thefruit of the mangabeira tree, and it is oval and berry-shaped, yellow or greenish in color. It is high in carbohydrates, phophorus, calcium and fibre. They originate from Brazilian tropical areas.
- Mangoes are native to South Asia, from where the common mango or Indian mango, Mangifera indica, has been distributed worldwide to become one of the most widely cultivated fruits in the tropics. They are high in Vitamin C and Vitamin A. They also contain a small amount of calcium.
- The Mangosteen fruit is not only delicious but also extremely healthy. Traditional medicine uses its pulp, juice, and rind to treat chronic inflammatory disorders. Its origin is uncertain due to widespread prehistoric cultivation. It is high in Vitamin C and Magnesium.
- The Maypop fruit is native to southeastern United States. It is an interesting looking plant, with a purple/white coloured flower. They grow in the wild all over the United States. They are high in Dietry fibre, carbohydrates and sugars.
- The Melinjo is a fruit that is native to Assam, Vietnam, and Cambodia. Melinjo trees are small to medium, dioecious and evergreen, growing to 5 to 10 m in height. They are high in Manganese, Copper and Pottasium.