Fruit That Starts With K – there are so many different types of fruit that you eat everyday and most of these are easy to name. But what about the more unusual fruits? Fruits that you have heard of but not tried? Or fruits that come from a different part of the world that you haven’t even heard of? We’ve put a great list together for you, along with a description of the fruit and a photo where we can source one. Have a look at our list of different fruits that start with the letter K!
Fruit That Starts With K
- The Kabosu fruit originated from China. It is thought to be an hybrid of different kinds of oranges, but scientists don’t know for sure. It is a small fruit that is popular in Japan and is used in many Japanese dishes as a flavor enhancer. It is high in Vitamin C and Citric Acid.
- The Kaffir lime isn’t known for its juiciness, but for its incredibly citric smell. It is native to tropical Southeast Asia and southern China. The fruit is used in many Chinese dishes. It is high in vitamin C, dietary fibre, calcium, folate, and vitamin B6.
- Kangaroo apple plants are native to Australia and New Zealand. Kangaroo Apple fruits are eaten fresh, raw or cooked. They can be added to baked goods or used to make jams or jellies. Although I couldn’t find a picture of a Kangaroo Apple, here is a Kangaroo… eating an apple.
- Native to Mexico, the Kapok fruit is cultivated widely in Southeast Asia for its seed fiber. The tree can attain the height of 70 meters with it’s trunks diameter 3 meters. The Kapok is high in protein and carbohydrates.
- The Kei apple does not look like an ordinaryn Pink Lady or Granny Smith, it is actually quite small and it has small furs on the outside. It is green when it is growing and it turns yellow when ripe. It is calle dthe JKeu apple as it grows along the Kei river in Africa. It is high in Vitamin C and many other antioxidants.
- The Keitt Mango is originally native to South Florida. Keitt mangoes are said to be some of the most flavorful and tangy mangoes available to buy from stores. Keitt mangoes grown in California are held up to stringent organic standards. The Keitt Mango is particularly high in Vitamin C, it also contains Vitamin A.
Kensington Pride Mango
- The Kensington Pride Mango is particularly popular in Australia. It makes over 80% off all mango sales. It is a fruit that is high in Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Calcium and Pottasium. They are yellow and orange in colour.
- Key limes are smaller than Persian limes, averaging 2 to 5 centimeters in diameter, and are characterized by their globular, uniform shape and fragrant smell. The lime is a scientific development native to Florida. It is rich in Vitamin C, Pottasium and Magnesium.
- The Kinnow is a very interesting fruit. It is very popular in Pakistan as the Kinnow Tree can produce up to one thousand fruits at once! The slight drawback to the fruit is that it contains many seeds inside. The fruit look very similar to a normal orange. It is high in Vittamin C and Citric acid.
- The Kiwano is anther interesting fruit, this is because it was used as a prop in an episode of Star Trek because of its Alien-looking flesh and exterior. It is a type of melon that is prized in parts of Africa fro its high water content. It is rich in Vitamin C, Potassium and Vitamin B6.