Things that Starts with A – as you can probably tell, this website is all about things that start with all the letters of the alphabet.
In this post we have put together a list of things that start with A. It’s a great list and we are trying to add to it all the time.
We shall also link to other posts for example if you are looking for cities, countries, food, fruit, flowers or even positive words beginning with A, we have some suggestions and a link for an even more extensive list of A things!
Things that Starts with A
- Apricots originate from Armenia but were brought to other countries by the Spanish missionaries in the early 18th century. A new apricot tree needs three to four years to produce fruit. Apricot trees will generally produce fruit for 20-25 years.
- Grapefruits did not evolve naturally, instead, they are a hybrid originating in Barbados as a cross between two species, sweet orange and pomelo.The grapefruit’s name is a result of what they look like when they are growing in clusters. They can look like bigger versions of grapes.
- Ambarella is a fast growing tree, it grows edible fruit that contains a fibrous pit. in under 5 weeks, the fruit fall to the floor un-ripe, then they turn golden-yellow as they ripen. The fruit is best when fully colored, although it can be eaten raw. It is also made into flavorings for stews, soups and sauces.
- Atherton Raspberry is a fruit native to Australia and Papua New Guinea. Unlike the exotic raspberry, this fruit can thrive in our climates, this raspberry is a sweet red-orange coloured berry that grows on an upright stem. It is very resilient and can produce up to 3kg of fruit per plant.
- Avocados contain more fat than any other fruit or vegetable. Also, the trees contain enzymes that prevent the fruit from ever ripening on the tree, this is useful for farmers because it means they can use the trees to store the fruit for up to seven months. They come from a family of flowering plants known as Lauraceae.
- Momordica fruit commonly known as Arhat is one of the few fruits that cannot be eaten until it is dried by fire. It is native to southern China and Thailand. It is a yellowish brown colour and has a smooth and round shape. It contains a sweet, fleshy edible pulp.
Also see our post on Fruit that begins with A for more ideas.
State: Texas. Population: 961,855
California Population: 346,824
Georgia Population: 498,715
Or have a look at our dedicated list of cities that start with A.
Continent: Albania is in Europe.
Capital city: Tirana is the capital of Albania.
Population: The population of Albania is roughly 3 million.
Continent: Algeria is in Africa.
Capital city: Algiers is the capital of Algeria.
Population: The population of Algeria is roughly 43 million.
Continent: Andorra is in Europe.
Capital city: Andorra la Vella is the capital of Andorra.
Population: The population of Andorra is roughly 77,000.
Or have a look at our dedicated list of countries that start with A.
Meaning: When you hold something in high regard.
Example: ‘I love to admire the beautiful scenery from the window.’
Meaning: Something that is wonderful or brilliant.
Example: ‘That is an amazing Christmas cake.’
Meaning: Something/someone that is sweet, kind or usually beautiful.
Example: ‘The singer’s angelic voice filled the room with powerful lyrics.’
Or have a look at our dedicated list of Positive Words that start with A.
Have a look at our other posts for Things That Start With…
Things that Starts with A
Things that Starts with B
Things that Starts with C
Things that Starts with D
Things that Starts with E
Things that Starts with F
Things that Starts with G
Things that Starts with H
Things that Starts with I
Things that Starts with J
Things that Starts with K
Things that Starts with L
Things that Starts with M
Things that Starts with N
Things that Starts with O
Things that Starts with P
Things that Starts with Q
Things that Starts with R
Things that Starts with S
Things that Starts with T
Things that Starts with U
Things that Starts with V
Things that Starts with W
Things that Starts with X
Things that Starts with Y
Things that Starts with Z